Noxious Weed Control
A menace to public welfare, harmful noxious weeds compete with your valuable crops and damage important agricultural and recreational resources. It's your responsibility as a landowner to control the noxious weeds on your property.
Although a challenging task, we can provide technical assistance, treatment expertise, and grant funds to pay for the required needs to eradicate noxious weeds.
Noxious weeds are plants listed by the state or county as a menace to public welfare.
Most noxious weeds have been introduced into an ecosystem by ignorance or accident. Some noxious weeds are native. Typically, they are plants that grow aggressively, multiply quickly and display adverse effects through contact or ingestion.
Noxious weeds are a large problem in Central Oregon greatly affecting areas of agriculture, forest management, nature reserves, parks and large open spaces.
Noxious weeds often drain soil of its nutrients and excess supply leaving native species to die out.
Jefferson County Noxious Weeds List
From the Jefferson County Noxious Weed List:
- Class A weeds are those with the highest priority for eradication as they are not yet abundant
- Class B weeds are found in abundance and need to be localized
- Class C weeds are widespread and in need of control
- Biological Weed Control such as mulching, cover cropping, goat grazing for weed consumption, introduction of insects to consume specific weed species, etc.
- Harvesting invasive grasses before they go to seed
- Fire Burn Treatments
- Professional Chemical Treatments
- Inquire for more